Sunday, April 18, 2010

Water...does a body good

In my last post, I started talking about the benefits of drinking water and I said I was going to take my own advise. I have to admit that it is a chore for me to drink water, but I'm trying AND yes, I am spending more time in the bathroom. As a matter of fact, I know where just about every public restroom is located. While I continue to be more mindful of my water consumption, I thought I would include a list of benefits from drinking water.


Why drink pure spring or mineral water? Because water......
  • Maintains the structure and function of DNA
  • Allows for oxygen to be delivered to the cell
  • Is essential for the manufacture of proteins involved in tissue growth and repair
  • Enables repair proteins to rebuild the cellular structure
  • Acts as a medium for the transport of nutrients
  • Cushions bones and joints
  • Lubricates joints
  • Is vital in the removal of waste products
  • Regulates body temperature
  • Hydrates cells
  • Supports the immune system
  • Allows for proper maintenance of the basal metabolic rate
  • Assists in eliminating free radicals
  • Is an important ingredient in digestive juices

Stay tuned for my next post on the benefits of drinking milk - then we shall see which drink really does the body good.

No comments:

Post a Comment